1) What is this blog site all about?
Every blogger may have a lengthy list of buddies. Historically one has to ping each
blog site to see if any new blogs are posted on a given day (unless you are subscribed to be notified). This blog attempts to be a journal that contains the
blogs that were added/modified everyday.
2) Is my blog buddy on the watch list?
Very likely. I pulled the list from indibloggers, if blog was listed as of 12/04/2005, then it is there in the watch list
3) How to add blog to watch list?
I havent exactly decided the way to append to watch list, likely it
would be manual add to the database.
4) Does this site prioritize blogs over popularity?
NO. Selection is non-competitive. Every blog site that was modified/added the past day is listed.
5) How often is this site updated?
Currently it is updated once per day approximately around 9:00 PM Pacific Time. Approximation allows to accomodate the upper limit of the time taken for
the service to complete gathering and publishing.
6) What does the gathering and publishing service do?
Simple! The service pulls the list of bloggers from database, reads the atom feed, checks for any updates for the given date, compiles the information and posts the blog.
7) Will you share the source?
Of course. I follow "dont be evil" policy. I am trying to tidy up the code, I will share the code base very soon.
8) Is this complete?
NO!! Following are the known bugs.
* It cannot pull from domains other than "blogspot", I will try to accomodate the other domains ASAP.
* If you have blogspot and haven't enabled atom feed, the service cannot pull any updates from your site.
9) Thanks to:
a)Moderator of Indibloggers, who had meticulously gathered the 'long' list of fellow indian bloggers.
b)My laziness to ping every blog site and explore new blogs.